Bio and Booking Information

Thursday, February 23, 2012

do beards and shorts go together??

It’s so funny when you think about how style changes with every passing season. From skinny to boot cut jeans. This year I have seen all the new 80’s looks in the windows throughout our mall. One of the things that seem to be remaining the same is this trend for beards. Almost the entire staff at our church has a beard (well except for Brad).  They love those things to the point that even one guy has named his Samson.  Last night I was hanging out with some friends and the question was asked “do beards and shorts go together”. I have gotten so use to Richard’s beard that if he shaves it I will have to come reacquainted with his face all over again. (haha)  I was thinking about style and how I honestly have none.  I just seem to look at what fits my body type the best rather than really dressing however I want. For years I think I have been so bound to the “plus size”  that I haven’t really stepped out to embrace a certain style.  Now don’t get me wrong there are several places who sale very cute and trendy clothes for us thick girls but I have never stepped out and tried any of the really cute clothes hanging on the mannequins. This morning I was looking for something to put on and I looked over in the pile of clothes that my sister had sent me a few months ago. I was in a size 24 just 8 months ago and so I was afraid her cute little green khaki old navy size 18 pants were not going to fit. I HAVE THEM ON!! I was so excited to say the least. I looked in the mirror and began to just thank Jesus for how much this weight loss journey has meant to me and my heart. I am coming into ME for the first time in my life. I see things I like and don’t like and no longer am I seeing the amount on the scale. So do beards go with shorts?? I say if you feel confident GO FOR IT! I love watching women step out of what is trending to be who God created them to be.   I believe its time for girls and women of all ages to look past the reflection in the mirror and dress funky, preppy, formal, hippy, or trendy. Just walk in the confidence that the Creator of the universe thinks your breathtaking no matter what hairstyle you have or crazy look you are currently rocking!

Psalm 45:11 Let the King be enthralled by your beauty, honor Him for He is your Lord

BE  YOU and SHINE today!!

Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment