Bio and Booking Information

Monday, April 8, 2013

The beauty of Gods whispers...

Today was a super productive Monday. I woke up early and cooked a big breakfast, ironed my mans clothes and spent my day cleaning and doing laundry. I also took an hour to sit out in the beautiful sunshine. Last week I stepped away from social media to soak up and reflect on the beauty of my Creator. I wanted to learn something new about His character and also have some great revelation revealed about life. Neither of those happened BUT I did however realize that in the midst of my quiet weekend I was drawn to Him with a newness. Every time I picked up my phone I was reminded that I needed to replace Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and twitter with some scripture. Each time I would put down my phone and find myself thanking Him for the smallest of blessings. Since I am no longer working I am seeing that His sovereignty doesn't mean I am comfortable it just means my obedience is what helps me see His direction and provision. He truly is all I need and from His heart every essential resource flows from it. To be content means: to appease the desires of. What I desire often doesn't reflect my desperation for my Creator. I am working on keeping my mouth shut and really finding happiness in what I do have and even in what I don't have. I read this verse a few weeks back but tonight I pulled something different. (Philippians 4:10-14 MSG).

"I'm glad in God, far happier than you would ever guess—happy that you're again showing such strong concern for me. Not that you ever quit praying and thinking about me. You just had no chance to show it. Actually, I don't have a sense of needing anything personally. I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am. I don't mean that your help didn't mean a lot to me—it did. It was a beautiful thing that you came alongside me in my troubles."

My favorite part is this "I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances". Contentment is a new season for me. Tonight my heart is full and as I sit in silence I haven't heard any loud revelations or some great command but I believe that until I truly embrace the beauty of Gods whispers I can't fully embrace and ready myself for some great roar. I can't let the guilt of not working dictate my days. I have to let my passions surface and allow my Creator to let them shine. I enjoyed this day of simply being a homemaker in fact I believe I will repeat today's agenda again tomorrow - I am enough....

No comments:

Post a Comment