Bio and Booking Information

Monday, July 9, 2012

SILENCE isn't always golden....


I recently was asked to contribute to an online magazine regarding freedom from body image and food addiction. After submitting the article I began to reflect on the journey that led to those chains falling to the ground. I have a joke about Natalie Grant being my bff and everyone who knows me knows my obsession :) I realized that her opening up about her eating disorder literally pushed me in the direction of identifying my own issues. I was a youth leader in my twenties and struggled with body image and didn't know that food was even an issue yet. Growing up the church was always silent about struggles. So to hear someone share such truth and transparency truly changed me in that moment. I am now 37 years old and I walk in the newness of my Creator. I still am obsessed with Nat Nat (that’s what I call her) and in three weeks I will be sitting second row!! I am not excited at all!!!!!!

Below is the article :)



http://transformedmagazine.com/people/body-image-break-through/


No comments:

Post a Comment