Bio and Booking Information

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

in between the loads....

Over the last few weeks our couple’s life group has been studying the book of James and in the past I have always pulled out the importance of guarding my tongue or how to treat those around me.  As we read through chapter 5 I couldn’t get pass these 2 verses.

James 5: 7/8 Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. 8 You also be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. 

As I read this over and over my heart seem to press down on the “early and late rains”  that would come and it hit me, what about the time period in the middle when nothing seems to be coming?  I have been in seasons of my life when I literally thought God had forgotten I even existed and l truly had given up on ever hearing His voice or chasing my dreams.   I would read my bible, pray, and seek His guidance and still nothing seem to be happen and then out of nowhere God would pour out His direction or  bring some type of  healing.  It was always just what I needed in that moment.  I thought about the farmer and how he had to sweat and plow and work for hours when he knew that nothing was going to happen that evening or even the following day.  We want instant results and yet God has called us to wait patiently.   Last week I was in one of those I want to clean out all the closets and wash all my clothes/blankets moods.  I literally gathered up 8 loads of stuff from blankets, to towels to sheets and all our dirty clothes and decided to take them to the laundry mat.  I think I was more excited about sitting and just waiting in the quietness of my car.  I had just come off an incredible week and my heart was so full and the thought of getting uninterrupted time with my Creator made my heart skip a beat.  It didn’t go down quite like I had planned. As I loaded all of the clothes and added laundry detergent and adjusted the settings my back had sweat running down.  I couldn’t just put them all in a row NOOOOO I had a few here, one there and a few on another row and I would forget where I was and have to open like 10.  I was so flustered that I decided to not sit in the coolness of my air conditioned car but instead I would enjoy the BRAND NEW dollar tree store that had just opened up down the road.   I went in and killed literally 45 minutes doing nothing.   I went back to the laundry mat and as I began to change over my clothes from the washers to the dryers I was so disappointed that I didn’t take advantage of that time in between the loads and then it hit me. God knows my hearts desires and my struggles.  He placed within me a passion, He hears the depths of my cries when I am in a season of dryness, He knows my finances, He knows my desire to overcome food addiction and yet instead of handing over all of those at one time I hand Him one at a time thinking it’s too much for him to handle.  I stood there looking at these massive washing machines and all at once I was able to clean all I had brought.   I was able to accomplish 8 loads of laundry AT ONE TIME!   The farmer doesn’t choose a crop to nurture and hope that when the rain comes only that particular fruit or vegetable will grow instead he gives all he has to every single crop in his fields.  In our minds it’s a never ending cycle of not getting what we want and waiting while we hurt in a season and we desperately need a touch from our Creator.   Waiting patiently means you trust Him no matter what as you diligently prepare your fields.  If you are dreaming of doing something then you pray and use your gifts where you are and allow the bloom to happen in His timing.  If you desperately need His touch of healing in your marriage, finances, past scars or even lost and broken dreams you have to keep pushing through because the rains are coming and you don't want your fields to be unprepared.   When dryness happens it’s an opportunity to press into the heart with such intensity that His love being poured over you is the very thing that sustains you.   In 1 Peter 5:7 it says… casting ALL your cares upon Him, for He cares for you. I love that it says ALL your cares. God wants all your “laundry” at one time.  This includes your struggles, your dreams, your fears and all the other areas of your heart that keeps you from waiting with expectancy and patience.  God wants to do amazing things in you and through you! Its time to let go and allow Him to do some cleaning out and preparing of your heart for the rains to flood you like never before!

No comments:

Post a Comment