Bio and Booking Information

Monday, September 9, 2013

don't prepare for defeat....

Colossians 3:3
For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ with God.

How many of you love to play hide and seek? I think there is a rush of energy you get when you are hiding and you don’t want to be found.  However, secretly I personally think we all hope someone finds us but it’s not until the very end when the finder is yelling "OK I give up" and then you start making noises or yelling hints.  My husband is the ultimate hider. He always finds the best spots and never gets found.  When my girls were younger their hiding spots were always so predictable because it was usually the same spot over and over so in order to keep the game going Richard and I would look everywhere but that same spot and then all of sudden they would start giggling or making a loud beeping noise so we would find them.  You see I believe that as believers we often do the very same thing. We play this game of hiding from the Creator. We think that addictions and relationships are great places to hide our pain, depression, fears and past mistakes because we feel so lonely and ashamed or need some type of instant relief.  But after a long time in the darkness you eventually need to be found. In Colossians 3:3 it says this; For you have died, and your life is HIDDEN with Christ in God.  When I gave my life to Christ my life should no longer be visible because my identity as I knew it is no more and I take on the identity of Christ which means His character.  My actions, my thoughts, my responses, my love, relationships, friendships etc should no longer look like me at all.  How can we prepare ourselves for a reflection of a God that is perfect in every way? A God that stands strong in the midst of battles and never fails to love people fully? This seems out of reach and almost impossible for us to walk in.  As women we spend so much time getting ready for our days. We make coffee, breakfast, pack lunches, pick out multiple outfits, put our make up on, and change our outfits depending on our moods and so on.  We are creatures of habit and routine.  I often wonder why I start my day with defeating thoughts & then before I know it I am walking in that defeat.  I wasn't prepared for battle.  In Ephesians chapter 6:10-18 God gives us a beautiful picture of how to stand firm without faltering to the ways of the enemy. We aren't called to be perfect but hide in the One who is.  His truth is what sustains us in the middle of an attack and His truth is what carries us to His perfect peace.  Think about those who go to battle. They don’t stand at the battle line unarmed or without some type of protective gear and weapons. They would be unprotected and vulnerable when the enemy attacked. Then why do we walk around unprotected when we have been told in the word that satan is on the prowl waiting to attack at any moment.  If we know our addictions, weaknesses and vulnerabilities are the very things that keep us away from the presence of God we have to stop clothing ourselves in those things and be ready to take those thoughts that lead us astray captive beat them until they are unrecognizable and apply truth in its place.  We don’t get up in the mornings and actually put on war gear so to speak and put swords on our belts or in our purses but we do fix our hair, apply make up, and get dressed and put shoes on. Let those every day things be our constant reminders of God’s protection.  I am going to really start preparing my day with these truths in mind.  God help us to fully prepare for our days by fully dressing ourselves in You. Let us be so hidden in you that we walk in your love wholeheartedly and no one notices who we are they just see YOU! Be encouraged today and let whatever your outfit of choice is be a reminder that you are wearing the WHOLE armor of God. 


Ephesians 6:13 Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.[d] 16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.[e] 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.[f]

No comments:

Post a Comment