Bio and Booking Information

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Watch your step -

What an eventful past couple of days. It snowed and because I am from the south that means we made snow cream, and went sledding for hours. I also watched The Godfather for the first time ever and I have to admit I liked it. I also cooked huge meals because the girls have been out of school for 2 and 1/2 days.  We have really enjoyed this time away from the outside world. There is something about knowing you can't get out that brings about rest. It's as if we were forced to take it easy and just breathe & laugh without a care in the world all in our pj's. This morning I was reading in Proverbs and I stopped in chapter 4 verses 25/26 

"Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure."

To ponder something means to think or consider especially quietly, soberly, and deeply. I know for my own self I have made impulsive decisions based on feelings and my emotions rather than really praying and weighing out my options. In the end I found myself unsure and questioning the very sovereignty of God and calling on my life.  We like to equate success with Gods favor to the point of taking the factor of submission and the cost to follow Him out. We crave normacy in our lives.  From little girls dreaming of their white picket fence marriages, to perfect bodies, yummy Pinterest recipes and of course the perfect job. We want our lives to be full of love, laughter & wrapped in a pretty bow of perfection. We want our ways to be laid out before us. When we were sledding the other night I couldnt see any holes or sticks because the snow was covering them and because of that I hit a stick and suddenly I was on my face. I'm sore today because of that fall.  My path wasn't clear and I fell.  The last part of that verse says  "then all your ways will be sure". You see it's not up to me to choose the right path but it is up to me to keep my entire focus on Christ alone.  To think quietly means I have to soak myself in the word while praying and thinking about the things of God. No outside noise or people can dictate my steps if I am locked in on Jesus. To think soberly means I can't let other gods such as food, body image, dreams, ministry, along with other types of things take me away from really listening to the voice of my Creator.  His word alone will move me in the direction He is leading me to.  To think deeply means that I am not responding with my emotions I am listening with intent and just waiting for God to move first. Pondering takes us away from uncertainty and into that place of intimacy and being sure of our ways. Who has your ear today? Who or what is occupying your time and mind? These questions answer whether or not you are pondering the path of your feet. Remember wherever our heart is our feet will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment