Bio and Booking Information

Friday, April 6, 2012

what if we would have been there......


One of the many things I love about my husband is his ability to remember things.  He can tell you even now who every person was in his 1st grade class and where they sat.   It’s amazing how certain dates and certain things can trigger those places in our brains and we can remember the craziest details.   I thought about today and how the people who stood by and watched a week of events unfold around the crucifixion of Jesus must have felt.  Some stood chanting crucify Him while a few disciples, some women and his mother had knots in their stomachs while they watched someone they truly loved and believed in be beat to death.  We allow the media to enrage us over hate crimes and I will often watch a First 48 show and be outraged by a brutal killing.  This morning I thought about the aftermath of Jesus’s death. Did anyone of those people go to bed that night and think- what have I done?  Was that really the Messiah? Did they feel anything at all except the rage that was yelled in the piercing of their crucify Him? Did they look back each year and feel an empty pit in their stomach?    I thought about Mary and her heart being ripped from her chest as she watched the man she raised with an intense love for take whip after whip, the flesh being ripped from his back and chest and did she cringe to the point of shaking? All of these questions are plaguing my mind this morning as I sit here thanking Jesus for what He did on the cross.  I can’t imagine seeing it all happen. But what if I would have seen it?  Would I have been less likely to make food an idol in my life? Would I show deep love for people? Would I not have made bad choice after bad choice growing up? … WOW The cross represents so much and today as you prepare for Easter egg hunts or dress shopping, dying eggs or just relaxing with your family know that when Jesus went to the cross He wanted to relieve you from guilt, from your shame that you carry deep within you.   He wanted to you to feel the intensity of His love for you!!  You are FORGIVEN now walk in that freedom!!

Luke 23:21 But they kept shouting, “Crucify him! Crucify him!”

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+23&version=NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment