Bio and Booking Information

Thursday, March 22, 2012

do you know the answer?


Last night in our student ministry a panel of people were given some pretty deep questions by the students. Some of the questions were "why does God hate gay people?", "how can I respect my parents more?", "How far is too far?", "Sex… I am curious about it?. I was a part of the panel and I as I sat there looking around at the students faces I saw such a desire to KNOW. We desire answers. We desire truth even when our lives seem to be going in the opposite direction. I am surrounded by many people who are experiencing heartache, financial issues, divorce, marital issues, broken dreams, kids in rebellion, car problems, loss of job the list could go on and on. One of the things I seem to struggle with is coming up with the perfect answers. When we are faced with these issues ourselves or trying to point others in the direction of comfort its hard knowing what to say. I believe truth opens up our eyes to our own inadequacies and it doesn’t fulfill a desire or a dream so we turn away from it to create our own version of truth. What I am learning and have learned in the past is that anything that counteracts God’s truth is a lie. We tell our kids to not tell a lie and yet we believe many. Satan fed lies to Eve in the garden and then stood with Jesus trying to tempt him with a load of bologna and yet we read God’s word and see satin's craftiness and we have fallen to his charm many times. God’s word speaks truth to the depths of our hearts and we choose how to respond to it. I have heard God say clearly to me to do something and found myself months later repenting and asking for a new opportunity or a chance to make the wrong a right. Last night those students wanted to know right from wrong in the form of a funny or an awkward question however they wanted to KNOW. Just yesterday I thought about how many people cry out to God when they are drunk, or in the midst of tragedy. God designed us with a longing for Him and we seem to only cry out when we are in the midst of a season of extreme brokenness. What if we desired Him in the seasons of extreme JOY or when things are going our way completely?? God’s word should give us the comfort we know to understand He is FOR us. He created the universe with speaking it into existence. He knows when there is NO money in your bank account and He will provide. My husband is going through a series now at our church about Jonah and over the past few weeks I have heard so many stories of women and men who have spent so many years running and in when they finally surrendered in obedience some incredible things happened and some circumstances got worse. WHY?? This question would fill their minds and doubt would set in and suddenly a lifestyle that they had just walked away from would begin to entice them with such craft. Who does that sound like? When we are able to sift through the lies of our enemy and cling to only truth we have that is ONLY found in our Creator those seasons of extreme brokenness or extreme joy leads us into a deeper relationship with Him. Where are you today? Are you crying out for healing, a relationship to be restored or are you living on cloud 9 with money in the bank and a hottie by your side?? We can’t understand the sovereignty of God but we can believe that He is sovereign. Be encouraged today and know that when God allows you to go through the different seasons of life He wants your heart fully at ALL times. When we drift and are enticed by satan’s lies He will do WHATEVER it takes to bring you backJ His love for you is unfailing. His love for you is everlasting. His love for you is PERFECT without blemish. If you are searching for answers or truth I promise as churchy as this may sound it’s the truth... God will only fulfill the desire that you long for and bring your heart into completion!


Psalm 22:5-Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Hebrews 4:12- For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment