Bio and Booking Information

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

what you wear determines everything.....


I am one week and two days into what feels like months with this messed up ankle and foot of mine.   I went for my re-check yesterday and I had everyone praying for me to be able to get into a boot.  I went in pretty confident that I could convince the doctor I was on my way to recovery.  I wiggled my toes, moved my ankle a little and she looked at me and said it looks pretty bad and it looks like you will back in a cast for a few more weeks.  I honestly found myself in the same place I did the night I broke it with asking the question WHY? I had an absolutely incredible week with God and I have rested but I can’t really do anything BUT sit and that drives me bonkers!! I have heard everyone say “God just wants you to slow down”.   The more I read my bible I truly felt myself pursuing the presence of my Father more than I had in a while. I love spending time with Him, I love worshiping Him, I love sharing His love with other people and yet this week His voice is what I desired more than anything.  I realize that His word is what brings forth truth and that truth is what holds everything in my life together. In Ephesians 6 I read about putting on the FULL armor of God and I found myself so encouraged.  I took my journal and drew out a cute little picture of a girl and took different colored pens (told you I had too much time on my hands) and colored each piece a different color.  I then took each piece and broke it down and really thought about what the relevance of each piece signified in my own life.  I keep thinking about verse 14 -Stand, therefore with truth like a belt around your waist….   I just recently had to start wearing a belt because my pants ARE FINALLY TOO BIG. I honestly haven’t worn a belt since like college.  The belt often drives me crazy because it is uncomfortable and yet it keeps my baggy pants from getting on my nerves.  I realized that the belt of truth does the very same thing.  God’s word can be so uncomfortable because it points out the areas of disobedience, pride or selfishness among other struggles in my life.  As I look down at my new lime green cast I am reminded of all the stuff I can’t do. I can’t run, walk, drive, work among other household things I need and should be doing. Yesterday was my daughter’s 10th birthday and Richard and I took her to dinner and to Claire’s to get a few things.  She chose subway at the food court in our mall. After we ordered my husband pulled me up to the table in my wheel chair and I couldn’t get close to the table. I continuously dropped food on me, and the floor. I was so frustrated to say the least. I thought about God’s armor and when I allow one area to be left off so to speak I am setting myself up to be attacked and there is no protection from the enemy.  I have been forced to sit this week and I laughed because the first part of 14 says.. to STAND.  Because of one broken area in my body everything else suffers. When I don’t soak myself in God’s word and put on the belt of truth then my thoughts reflect defeat. When I don’t take my thoughts captive I find myself asking for forgiveness for an attitude, or action simply because I didn’t prepare myself for battle.  As you face this day read the verses below out loud and allow God to prepare your heart for today’s battle.   Today’s outfit determines everything!

Ephesians 6: 10-17

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment