Bio and Booking Information

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Get back up

I wrote this last night and then my iPad died so I forgot to post until now-


Today my sweet Rachel turned 11 years old and we woke her up to bright turquoise pancakes with a candle in them. I can't believe that in just a few months she is going to be entering the jungle and chaos of what we call middle school these days. Then Rebekah turns 16 oh my word I am going to stop this trip down future lane. I am currently sitting in a booth at the skating rink with my man listening to Justin Timberlake on the loud speaker and we are watching Rachel and her bff skate. The entertainment of watching people fall is priceless until its your own child. Then suddenly you wish you could have stopped the embarrassment, mended the pain and hope their ego isn't too bruised. Rachel skates slow because I think one she is scared to fall but another reason is because she spends her time dancing on the sidelines. It's her comfort and the thing she is good at and no risk are involved. Every time a song comes on its like the rhythm is in her blood. No matter what the song is she will stop wherever she is and breaks it down and it's always on beat and good at that! A few minutes ago she was skating steady and without any signs of falling a boy who was going super fast came around the corner as if he had one more lap in the olympics and hit her from behind and just like that she was on the floor. I didn't run to her rescue because i knew it would embarrass her and so after much laughter (I'm sure she was fighting back tears) she got up and came and sat with me.... and in that moment I realized how often we are just like that. We spend a lifetime wanting to join in, or stepping beyond the boundaries we have in our minds by facing the fears and out of nowhere and without any warnings you suddenly find yourself flat on the floor. We then just sit...and sit... sit. Today is your time to start over and try again. God is the God of protection, change, refuge, healing, power He is whatever you need Him to be in whatever season you are in. I realized that after Rachel finally got the nerve to get back out on the floor she watched her surroundings and yet skated that much slower. We also do that daily. We have to stop watching and wishing for what others are doing or allowing their speed to determine our speed. We seek completion in relationships, we let food make us whole, we allow our collisions to take us out. Get up and run toward your Creator. You will fall, you will get hurt, ministries will fizzle, relationships will end and dreams will die BUT God is still the same and He wants your heart positioned with your hands up ready for Him to pick you up and carry you through it!!! By the way Rachel is back on the skating floor and her speed is picking up....

It's your time to change this world GET UP!!

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. (James 1:2-4 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment