Bio and Booking Information

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Stop interrupting...

When God seems to be silent it often frustrates us to the point of questioning His authority. The silence speaks so loudly and then our thoughts go crazy. I am sitting in a coffee shop with an iced coffee, my iPad and I am enjoining this uninterrupted time. I interrupt everyone and its a flaw that I constantly say I'm going to work on and yet never seem to follow through with. I blame it on being a middle child haha not the baby or the oldest simply "lost in the middle" hahaha (kidding mom). I have found myself in the stillness of waiting so many times and was convinced I was bring punished by God. I also read this morning about David's rash behavior of killing and ravaging towns simply because he couldn't see Gods hand. I realize more and more that its a call for me to press a little harder into my creator and to trust Him. Just like David acted rash we often take maters into our own hands and then emptiness and sin or disappointment sets in. How many of you have begged God to heal someone, take an addiction away or provide blessings among many other request? All of us have seemingly begged God and when He appeared quiet or ignoring us we acted rash and interrupted His perfect plan. Psalm 10 has been said to be the cry of David's heart during that time frame where he felt abandoned by God. I love that he still recognizes Gods sovereignty as he questions where He is-

Why, O Lord, do you stand far away? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble? (Psalms 10:1 ESV)

The Lord is king forever and ever; the nations perish from his land. O Lord, you hear the desire of the afflicted; you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear (Psalms 10:1, 16, 17 ESV)

Ladies I promise He hears your every cry. He sees your anger and knows your fears. But He is YOUR King forever and ever. Nothing will lessen or stop His deep pursuit of your heart. Keep pressing in and wait with expectation because change is coming so don't interrupt :) Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord ! (Psalms 27:14 ESV)

No comments:

Post a Comment