Bio and Booking Information

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Go ahead and jump into the lions den-

Today was a full day. I left first thing this morning and didn't stop except for a quick breakfast and lunch. By the time I got home I was literally sweating. I had to carry this heavy bin from work filled with products down three flights of stairs. I was so glad to finally get that thing into my car. I wrote a good bit yesterday about some things that are close to my heart and also have weighed me down in the past.  When you write through the lens of transparency it opens yourself up for Gods healing.  There are things we like to keep tucked away with the hopes of it never surfacing to the top of our hearts simply out of fear of going back to that place or what God might show you about yourself.  When addicts open up about their addictions they will often say I am one choice away from falling back Into it.  You see sin is something so many believers are afraid to talk about yet it's the very thing that separates us from feeling the presence of God.  At the end of the day isn't that what we long to feel in our lives.  There are days I am so mad or frustrated about something and I can turn on worship music and suddenly the very thing that ticked me off fades to the back of my mind.  It's His presence that pushes us through the fears, the shame and the disconnect you feel from being who you were created to be. It's not about us and until we really get that and really walk in that we will forever chase the things that leads us into a place of mediocrity and numbness. Daniel in the lions den is one of my favorite bible stories.  Daniel displayed whole hearted devotion to the Creator. I would love to say if I was forced into a Lion eating party, I would show such intense faith as Daniel did. God calls us out of mediocrity because there is nothing about following Him that should ever take us to a place of complacency or numbness.  Satan's entire plan is to constantly derail you by keeping your eyes on anything but the goodness and faithfulness of God.  If he can make you feel as if you have no one around you supporting or cheering you on then he can make you feel as if you are NOT in the midst of Gods will or even more you aren't making a difference and before long you begin slacking off or over doing  it to gain approval and then you suddenly experience "burn out". I feel like I am constantly in the wrestling ring with my thoughts. The enemy's plan is to push my thoughts into action. My mind has to be protected therefore I must be in the word so I can saturate my mind and heart in truth.  Our modern day lions come in all sorts of sizes for some its an addiction to approval, a drug of choice or the weight on the scales.  For some your lion maybe be your past mistakes that seem to roar loudly into your ears. We allow our mistakes to cover us in shame and keep us from walking in the confidence of Gods grace.  Satan wants you to remember who you use to be and so when you see certain things or even smell things a memory is triggered because it takes you back to a time you aren't proud of and often ashamed of your disobedience. We think because we remember that brings about God's disappointment. WRONG!!!  When you surrender fully Gods unfailing love sets in and you are covered in His forgiveness and grace. He makes ALL things new.   It is important for you to know that God tosses your sin into the sea of forgetfulness and remembers no more. Stop asking for forgiveness for things, addictions and disobedience that you have already been freed from.  Don't live as though you are still enslaved to it because that cripples your thoughts, actions and the way you love with all your mind soul and strength.  When satan throws the dart of who you once were remember that you were created with a purpose and you are loved beyond what you can even fathom!!! You are a NEW creation.


Hebrews 10:17 then he adds,“I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

Daniel 6:16 Then the king commanded, and Daniel was brought and cast into the den of lions. The king declared[a] to Daniel, “May your God, whom you serve continually, deliver you!” 

Matthew 22:37 And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." 

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment