Bio and Booking Information

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

get up and walk!


A few nights ago I had a nightmare about human trafficking. I was in time square and I could hear the horns of the taxis blowing. I remember all the lights all over the buildings and I remember seeing this image coming at me and suddenly I was so afraid because I was trying to protect this girl from being noticed. When I woke up I turned on the bathroom light to make me feel a little safer.  I don’t understand why those details are sticking out in my mind nor do I want that dream to ever come true. I  I am pretty sure I dreamed about it because I was talking about New York to a friend and we discussed human trafficking. I am not a detailed oriented person when it comes to daily task but I am working on it and trying to be more intentional. Just this week the smallest things have jumped out at me.  For instance I usually hurry out the door and into my car trying to get from point A to point B.  I decided to take my time and because of that I noticed 3 huge bumble bees zooming around my back yard. It was as if they were playing a game and their colors were so vibrant.  I also love to hear details of people’s lives. Details are important because it’s the who, what, when, where and why of stories.  Details allow people to emotionally connect with what you are trying to convey.  When I can visually take someone to that place they tend to listen a little harder.  I love to visualize the stories of the bible.  This week I read in Mark chapter 2 the story of the paralytic and it came alive to me.  From the Pharisees watching with the hope of Jesus doing something outside the law.  To the kids playing in the streets stopping and looking on as a group of men carried this man on top of a roof.  Or imagine the sweet little lady cleaning outside her house and suddenly a crowd is forming and she leans in and sees this man who she had watched for many years not being able to walk suddenly walk out of this house.  To the man who couldn’t walk and in a moment of stepping out quite literally and getting up and walking with a new sense of appreciation. Jesus could have healed him simply by saying “be healed” and yet He called him to do something on his end. In verse 5 it says that Jesus saw their faith.  He sees when we get knocked down and desperately need for him to move and yet sometimes He needs to see our faith being exercised.  It’s our faith that moves His hand to action. It’s our faith that deepens our intimacy with Him. It’s our faith that allows others watching to see the God that we serve. It is our faith that pushes us to step out and pursue the dreams within us.  It was his faith that healed him.   Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise, take up your bed and walk’?  Of course it would have been easier but imagine the faces of those in that room. I bet their hands covered their mouths out of shock, I can hear the gasp in the room and see the tears flowing and others suddenly believing for the very first time.  Tonight God is calling you to get up and walk. Maybe your marriage needs healing. Maybe it’s pride, or bitterness.  I don’t know what your mat is tonight but I know that Jesus is calling you to GET UP.  Let others see the God you serve by allowing them to see you exercise a faith that can move mountains! Be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment