Bio and Booking Information

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Mosquitos Suck

Today I asked myself this question, how many times have I been bitten by a mosquito? Oh I would say at least a thousand or more times over my lifetime.  I hate those pesty things. They look for fresh skin well fresh blood to suck. I can apply bug spray, wear long sleeve clothing and yet they always seem to find an exposed area to land.  I have two huge bites on the inside of my forearm currently that are driving me crazy. I have itched myself to death.   As I got out of the car this afternoon I was reminded of times in my life of how my sin & disobedience sucked the life out of me. It was as if the enemy looked for any weak area and then struck with a vengeance. I believe that our hearts go unprotected at times because we have great spiritual moments and then we rely on those spiritual markers to lead us and yet they never seem to sustain us.  We have to be always on guard and always in the word.  His word highlights those exposed areas and leads us away from places, people and addictions that could ultimately suck the life out of us and take us in the opposite  direction of Gods presence.  The beautiful thing about Gods love is that He makes it available every second of every day and His mercies are renewed daily as well. You may feel so far from God because of your own sin or the result of someone else's sin today but what I know is that God never moves away from us. He is waiting for you even in this moment for you to turn around and feel the embrace of His love, His redemption, His joy, His strength and more than anything His presence.  Freedom is waiting. 

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let us settle the matter," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool

2 Corinthians 5:17 
This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment