Bio and Booking Information

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wishy Washy

I can be so wishy washy. I get so into TV shows and before too long I am over it. The same way with movies. I have seen Rocky 4 a thousand times and yet now I will fast forward through the fight season until Rocky starts to win. I hate the the roller coaster of emotions.  I want to see the victory, or the girl get the boy, the family restored etc. I have always been this way. I hate for friends to be mad and for couples to break up. I want everyone's life to be full of happiness.  I have friends right now that are broken and are hanging on by what seems to be a last thread of faith.  Relationships are ending, healing isn't coming and chaos is overwhelming them.  In college one of my professors said that social workers are wounded healers and I believe that even more today. I want to fix the areas of peoples lives that hurt them because I have felt my share of heartache.  As I was reading in Romans yesterday I came across this passage and I saw this unwavering faith that Abraham had and I desire that.  Romans 4:20-22
"20 No unbelief made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, 21 fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. 22 That is why his faith was “counted to him as righteousness.”

It says NO unbelief made him waver. It's crazy how our almost automatic response to our circumstances is unbelief.  We shift blame to God and question His sovereignty. Abraham used that time of waiting as a season of growing His faith. I can't imagine his thoughts about his wife of a very old age having a child. Year  after year passing and nothing happening and yet decades past and it says he was not partially convinced but FULLY convinced that God was able to do what He had promised.  Just like in the movies I hold on to the promise of the movie ending with happily ever after my faith should strengthen because I am holding on to the promises of what is to come.  The story your living isn't over. Death comes, brokenness happens but in the end WE WIN. It's about how we view God through this season because that is what deepens our intimacy with Him and strengthens our faith. Waver is defined "to move back and forth in an unsteady way".  So to have this unwavering trust with your Creator NO matter what is going on means you are choosing to stand firm no matter the outcome. It's a trust that you can't explain yet so sure of. Freedom comes from not knowing what will happen yet so sure and confident that Your Creator covers it all. He will not leave any loose ends nor leave you. He is for you! Today take a step back from what is sucking the life out of you and see the bigger picture. Your marriage can be saved, you do have a purpose even when you feel like your dream has passed and know that God hears your cry. Wait and then maybe wait a little longer, lean in like never before and trust just like Abraham because Gods promises will not return void.  

No comments:

Post a Comment