Bio and Booking Information

Monday, July 14, 2014

Lizards and crystal blue waters...

There are times when I sit and question every move God makes in my life simply because it doesn't seem to work out the way I had intended it to. There are also times where I am in such awe of God that the results to my prayers and His voice soothes the depths of my soul. I was reminded this morning about the story of Jesus being 12 teaching in the temple and honestly I had to laugh.  We idolize Mary as being the mom of Jesus and yes that is true and also incredible but she also was just a mom. I can't imagine the fear that she went through when she arrived back home and her son never walked through the door. Literally 3 days letter they go all the way back to Jerusalem (without a car) mind you and there He was teaching about His Heavenly Father.   She must have felt relief, anger and awe. Don't we feel that way at times towards Him.  Our minds create scenarios that sound perfect when we have them floating around in our heads and because we are the way we are if it doesn't  play out the way we intended don't we often feel slighted by God?  As women we have to move our hearts into a place of total surrender every single day in order to keep our minds from going crazy with envy, jealousy and often anger towards the results of our prayers and desires.  I am sorry healing didn't come in the way you thought and yet I know the pain your feeling is real. God wants you to know that He loves you and has your best interest in mind and that amazing things will rise up from your pain.  To you who is suffering from loss whether it be a divorce looming, a death or a relationship that is coming to an end, God wants you to know that He loves you and that out of this will come purpose and a deeper intimacy with Him so lean in. There is something about letting go of control that releases any expectation of not measuring up.  I am in West Palm beach this week for a human trafficking conference and my co workers and I are staying with a sweet couple.  She cooked the most incredible breakfast I have ever eaten and it was all organic. I am sitting outside looking at palm trees and about to head down to the beach where crystal blue waters await. A lizard is running past my feet and the best cup of organic coffee is hitting my lips with thanksgiving. This environment is a recipe for rest and growth but it all comes down to my perception. My co worker can't go to the beach because she has a cast on, she has a ton of homework and she has to stay back.  My
Excitement of dipping my toes in crystal blue ocean is something she can't fully enjoy until tomorrow when we are in a boat and she can know that sand won't creep into her cast.  God is with both of us and He hears both our heart cries and He is choosing to draw intimacy in a different way.  Our thoughts can cripple the intimacy with Him simply because we choose to sulk or complain about whatever is going on around us rather than just locking eyes with God & pressing into His heart with the intention of rest, strength, comfort, change and so on.  Mary couldn't find Jesus and yet as His mom she was in awe of Him. Today no matter where you are in life or even where you are actually sitting as you read this. From the desk, to the couch to poolside to the crystal blue waters. Get your eyes off the dilemma, the questions, the fears and begin to soak up the goodness of God. The trees, the birds, the water, the people who speak life into you are all ways to experience this goodness. You are loved by a Creative God so you better believe He will creatively love you! Be in awe of Him today:) 

Luke 2: 46-47
46 After three days they found Him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 And ALL who heard him were amazed at His understanding and His answers.


Deuteronomy 31: 6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”



No comments:

Post a Comment