Bio and Booking Information

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Its time you let go of the Rush and simply be YOU.. ALL OF YOU!

This morning I am sitting at my table and its so quiet. I have a little worship music on in the background but its low and yet its as if you can hear a pin drop in my house.  I can hear the dryer turning, the fridge working and the neighbor beside us working in their yard but stillness is still very much present.  I truly believe its the intentional posture of our hearts and minds that not only allows us to move into a place of rest but also positions us to hear something from our Creator. To say I am obsessed with the book The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst is an understatement.  I have promoted that book so much that we can't keep them at our merch table at Revolution on Sundays.  I love seeing ladies walking out carrying them.  I believe this book is going to revolutionize our schedules, marriages, dreams and families.  I am learning to be intentional with my YES and it has helped me to also be intentional with MY moments with my family.  I am giving more eye contact to my girls when they are unloading their days (even if I could care less about who likes who or how a teacher drives them bonkers).  I sat at the dinner table last night barely holding my head up because I was so sick but I wanted to hear about Richards day and as he told me all about it my heart smiled because it was a moment for us. He works a full time job as a psycho therapist and also a full time lead pastor at our church. I now work two nights a week and so our date night is gone and we have to be so intentional with lunch dates, and moments just like last night.  Ladies its not how well you schedule its the surrendering of your schedule that leads to obedience and then to the fullness of your relationship with Jesus first and then the fullness of your family and other relationships. My friendships are fuller when I am intentional with my time with them. My dream becomes one step closer when I am intentional with my time. Because God gives us free will He also gives us the choice to fall into the beauty of taking one step at a time in Him or taking a lot of steps stumbling to the demands of everyone and everything around us.  I am reminded of Isaiah 6:8 this morning.

 "and I heard a voice of the Lord saying, "whom shall I send, and who will go for us ?" Then I said "HERE I AM! SEND ME." and He said "GO, and SAY... 

You see when we clutter our minds and schedules we miss opportunities because we miss the whisper through the noise. God doesn't always speak in a loud voice because He needs for us to quiet our hearts and minds, lean in and just listen for a while.  The word influence is defined by Webster ; act or power to change or affect someone or something without forcing them. WOW God has called many of you to speak, some to write, some to be a mommy to multiples, for you maybe you are a teenage girl who feels that pull to change your school. Know that the Creator of the universe has already chosen and equipped you to carry it out.  The word chosen is defined; an object of choice or divine favor. This simply means God has given you favor and will equip you with exactly what you need to carry out what He has called you to do. The Best Yes for you may mean you need to start saying some pretty tough NO's to things that are only keeping you from hearing Gods voice in this season of your life. 1 Corinthians 12:2 (MSG) says "You know that when you were pagans, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols". Ladies we are influenced daily through social media. We want things to change in our own lives to the point that we seek out help from things we cant really obtain without feeling defeated or depleting our self worth because we can't carry out what others can.  This verse resonated with me so much because  I know that with my own struggles it started with the small desire for more that grew into an idol of worship.  Maybe today you need to sit down and allow the presence of God to rearrange the things in your heart so He can take the lead. He wants YOU, nothing more and from that moments will come that will fill your heart so full. From praying in the stillness of your home, kissing those kids goodnight, hugging your spouse just because, honoring a friend by having them over, sending that package of goodies just because or speaking up at school. All are things that require action and I believe that when you move into a place of surrender it will move you into a place of obedience which will unlock a passion inside you that will move you into action. Its time you let go of the RUSH and simply be you.. ALL of you. 

GO BUY THIS BOOK!  http://lysaterkeurst.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment